In this model of governance:
- The cooperative role of governing council and school staff is emphasised.
- Management and governance are clearly separated.
- The focus is on improving student learning outcomes.
- The broad directions are set and monitored by the governing council.
- The site leader and staff are responsible for reporting.
The Mark Oliphant College Governing Council has representation from
- parents who have children in the school- this is the majority representation
- aboriginal parent representation
- staff representation
- student representatives
- representatives of local Member of SA parliament, City of Playford and Playford Alive Community Reference Group.
Our Chairperson is Ms Lee Russell (2016)
There are currently three sub-committees
The Council members actively seek feedback from the wider school community and as such have a facebook page where parents can ask questions, raise issues. It is moderated by the Governing Council.