In this model of governance:
- The cooperative role of governing council and school staff is emphasised.
- Management and governance are clearly separated.
- The focus is on improving student learning outcomes.
- The broad directions are set and monitored by the governing council.
- The site leader and staff are responsible for reporting.
The Mark Oliphant College Governing Council has representation from
- parents who have children in the school – this is the majority representation
- aboriginal parent representation
- staff representation
- student representatives
- representatives of local Member of SA Parliament, City of Playford and Playford Alive Community Reference Group.
Our Chairperson is Ms Lee Russell. Lee can be seen explaining the Parent Handbook and the importance of our school fees here:-
Posted by MOC Governing Council on Monday, 11 February 2019
There are currently three sub-committees
The Council members actively seek feedback from the wider school community and as such have a facebook page where parents can ask questions, raise issues. It is moderated by the Governing Council.