Governance in schools and preschools is the responsibility of the Governing Council whose role is directed by the constitution and a code of practice. Please follow the links at the bottom of the page for our constitution and code of practice.
In this model of governance:
- The cooperative role of governing council and school staff is emphasised.
- Management and governance are clearly separated.
- The focus is on improving student learning outcomes.
- The broad directions are set and monitored by the governing council.
- The site leader and staff are responsible for reporting.
The Mark Oliphant College Governing Council has representation from:
- parents who have children in the school – this is the majority representation
- aboriginal parent representation
- staff representation
- student representatives
- representatives of local Member of SA Parliament, City of Playford and Playford Alive Community Reference Group.
There are currently three sub-committees:
The Council members actively seek feedback from the wider school community and as such have a Facebook page where parents can ask questions, raise issues. It is moderated by the Governing Council.